2009/2010 El Paseo Invitational Exhibition
The City of Palm Desert is now accepting applications for the 2009/2010 El Paseo Invitational Exhibition. The exhibition is showcased on the medians of El Paseo and is seen by thousands of visitors each year as well as advertised nationally, regionally, and locally. The exhibition is juried by a curator and runs for approximately two years.
Applications are due on May 10, 2008
Honorarium: $2,500 for each selected artwork
Exhibition Guidelines Overview:
· All artists, galleries, museums/non-profit arts organizations, and private collectors are encouraged to participate.
· All sculptures must be installed on one of the existing pads along the El Paseo median (see full guidelines for pad sizes).
· All sculptures MUST be designed with tabs or other devices that can be utilized to secure the artwork to the concrete pads.
· Artworks can be sold, but not removed for six months once installation is completed. If a sculpture from the exhibition is sold, the artist or representative must resubmit for approval of a replacement artwork.
· Installation will be paid for by the City of Palm Desert and scheduled starting October 20, 2008.
Richard Twedt, Public Arts Manager
City of Palm Desert
72-567 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Attn: 2009/2010 El Paseo Invitational Exhibition
For more information and the full Exhibition Guidelines visit the “Artist Opportunity” section at www.palmdesertart.org or call 760-568-5240.